It has been a busy day, but that doesn’t stop the excitement we have for the figure we are going to review today. We have here an unboxing review of the Armor Girls Project (AGP) Schwarzer Regen (a 3rd Gen IS piloted by Laura Bodewig) from the series Infinite Stratos. I strongly suggest you watch the series if you love anything that is mecha related (you will love it!). Anyway, this is the 2nd IS release from Bandai. The first one was Cecilia Alcott’s Blue Tears. Like the first one, Laura Bodewig’s Schwarzer Regen is also huge. I had no trouble putting together its accessories. Also the extra stand for the .80 Caliber Rail Gun was a nice addition. I give this one a rating of 9.5 out of 10. A must have for IS fans out there.
Designed around the AIC (Active Inertia Canceller), which is capable of projecting an inertia negating field, the Schwarzer Regen is based around CQC (where AIC is most effective) but is also equipped with several Equalizers which enable ranged combat, making it a fairly stable all-round type.
- AIC (Active Inertia Canceller) projector – An inertia negating field that effectively stops any projectile and attacks directed at Laura. While it is effective against the attacks, Laura must concentrate on the target in front of her, thus leading to a problem if there are 2 going against her. In Volume 3 of the light novels, it is implied that the AIC gets weaker when Laura only partially deploys her IS, and that it can be broken through with enough brute force.
- 6 wire-guided daggers. The wires connected to daggers are strong enough to function as tentacles, capable of immobilizing, constricting, and even throwing a target as large as an IS.
- A .80 caliber heavy rail gun, mounted on the right shoulder. It is implied that the speed at which the projectile is launched can be controlled, as a real-life rail gun can easily launch its projectile at mach 7. This is seen when Charlotte formed a shield and blocked the shot aimed at Ichika, implying that it was shot at speeds that could be perceived.
- Beam sabers/spears that are generated through her hands.
- (Initially) an illegal Valkyrie Trace system which was kept secret even to Laura, but was subsequently removed after its discovery.
front and back
top and bottom
misc close up shots
– opened from the side
one sheet manual – back to back print
presenting the goodies… at first I wondered why there was a carton box?
then when I lifted the plastic shells, I saw the stand parts taped on the carton
first plastic shell
2nd plastic shell
the stand pieces
Contents of the first plastic shell contain most of the accessories to be attached to the Laura Bodewig figure.
Laura says hi! (she is known for her serious military look)
for use when in IS mode (yep, a separate hair and leg set…)
this one connects to the back of the figure
looks like an extended back skirt
sideskirts (or not)
3 pairs of extra IS hands
2 sets of extra human hands
additional faces for customizing emotions
Contents of the 2nd plastic shell
the daggers with wires
connects rail gun to the rest of the figure
this clear plastic holds the side skirts, the AIC projector and the the whole figure itself
to be used together with the blades when trying to attach it to the IS arms
PREPARING the FIGURE
ok, lets get dressed…
the extra torso and IS legs goes first
she looks like an opera singer
looks like a gundam backpack
left: stand for the whole figure
right: stand just for the rail gun
a shot of the back before we attach the rest of the accessories
Presenting Laura Bodewig on her IS – Schwarzer Regen
against the AGP Cecilia Alcott Blue Tears
against HG 1/144 Gundam Age-1 Normal
against HG 1/100 Heavy Arms Custom
– An overall great figure.
– The only Schwarzer Regen figure that I know of.
– There are some minor uneven surfaces but only visible upon closer inspection
– Must always use the Rail Gun stand since it tends to lean sidewards without it
– Reminds me of Robin (from Batman)
– The backpack connector can use some blue tack to keep it in place
– AFAIK figure on a limited run basis, so finding one later will be harder