Again this is not Gundam or another toy figure. But we really like to share what is inside. So today we are going to have an unboxing review of this Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition. This is the biggest collector’s edition box set of Borderlands 2 that you can buy. Heck, I think this is the biggest (in terms of size) that is released for this year 2012. The highlight of this set are the replica loot chest, a metal case for the game, the artbook and a marcus bobblehead. But you get a lot of other stuff as well like the cloth map, creature chart, stickers, postcards, sir hammerlock’s notes and a nice certificate as proof of authenticity that you own a limited item set. Without further ado, let us begin with the unboxing…. ^_^
– this is a very big box
– dimensions in inches are 18.5 x 9.5 x 8.25.
– i think the photo at the front will be a very nice wallpaper if there is a digital copy ^_^
front of box
close up shots
side of box – the same for the other end
box of box
close up shots
top of box
– you will already see here the stuff you will be getting (goodies!)
close up shots
size of box compared to an SD RF Astray so you will have an idea how big this is
– you will just need to cut 2 circular tapes and below is what you will see
– the game and the artbook welcomes you!
So lets see what we got here….
the Game with the Metal / Tin Case
– sadly it does not come with a sleeve… better provide one or wrap this in plastic to prevent scratches
– no technical information at the back.. purely saved for show purposes..
LEFT: I am not sure if the DLC is exclusive for this set… can anyone confirm?
RIGHT: the manual
Creatures of PANDORA wide format ID Chart
– about 38 inches long…
– you will see that some creatures are so big that you only see their feet… LOL
Field Notes from Sir Hammerlock
– has blank pages near the end for you to place your own notes ^_^
Four Sticker Set!
Inside the Vault – hardbound book
– 160 pages
– contains information about the character creation, weapons, enemies, suroundings and about the developers
– a 22 x 19 inches map
– will look nice when framed and hanged on the wall
Four Lithograph Postcards
– good idea to frame them as well ^_^
Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
Now that we got out all the stuff from top, time to get the one underneath…
a box within a box
nice.. a custom borderlands tape…
hmm now to see what is inside the “black box”
Presenting the Replica Borderlands Loot Chest (wrapped in plastic!)
it is made of hard plastic… much like the tool box you can get from you hardware shops..
close up on the details…
Upon opening of the loot box, you will get the Vending Machine box of the Marcus Bobble head safely secured by plastic shells
the chest has provisions that seems to be for use of storing cases
Authentic Marcus Bobblehead
Size comparison against HG 1/144 Gundam Age-1 Normal
It is a loot chest indeed!
Store whatever you want!
Since I cannot put them all in one photo… here is the official poster for your reference.
That is all! ^__^
Hope you enjoyed the unboxing as much as we did!
Glad to be a Borderlands 2 Fan