Today we are going to have a quick review of the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 2 – Armor Unleashed Version. This is technically version 2.0 for the HT Mark 2. Aside from the overall figure or sculpt improvements over the first version, they added the removable armor gimmick as well. This version has the head sculpt of Don Cheadle – actor who played as James Rhodes in the Iron Man 2 movie. The set comes with a table that enables you to re-enact the scene wherein the suit was taken apart in the US military base. An overall amazing figure – color and presentation wise. Has lots of extra accessories which you can use to perhaps create the Tony Stark Mech Test Version. It reminds me of Silver Surfer….
- standard size HT box
- grey color theme to match the silver suit
- HEAVY – you would be surprised how heavy the set is
pull out style packaging
window style front and some details on the back of the pull out
- the table set is packed separately
underneath the figure shell, you will find the rest of the contents
head piece without face
head piece with James Rhodes face
a pair of articulated hands – 2 sets all if you count the closed fists pair
2nd pair of legs – (first pair is the naked one attached to figure)
head piece masks and arms armors
IRON MAN MARK 2 Unleashed
- afaik, the term unleashed directly relates to the removable armor gimmick
- reminds me of Silver Surfer
- figure feels heavy and solid
contents of the plastic shell
contents of the black plastic shell
chest armor and back flaps
pieces for the additional base or stand
the two stands available – would prefer the silver one
- both palms using the articulated hands
- both feet using the naked legs
- the silver stand
- most people will probably display it this way to better make use of the removable armor gimmick
removable armors are:
- biceps area
- front thigh
- knee and below
- hollow helmet
- 1 fore arm can be opened
NAKED BEAUTY – details details details!
You can replace the naked legs
the naked legs have 2 parts
You know ZONE of the ENDERS?
This is the forearm that can open
the other one offers a different gimmick
ARMORS attached and LEGS replaced
Don Cheadle as James Rhodes
- the face of Rhodes seems to be too small that it looks like it is about to fall of when viewed from another angle
- you have to choose your angle carefully to make it look like the face is filling the inside of the helmet
this is one instance wherein the face looks a bit small
with the LED lights on
Paint job is really fantastic. It has been a while since I enjoyed looking at a silver painting like this. Well made I must say. SILVER SURFER!
The stand or base shown below is a real nice addition.
With that you can have the suit do a mid-air pose
feels like a knight in shining armor huh?
Let us lower down the lights a bit…
this one looks like wallpaper material
check out the LED effects on the stand
BATTERY COMPARTMENTS LOCATION
- 2 feet of naked legs
- silver base
REVERSE version… *reversed the name too haha!*
One thought on “Hot Toys Iron Man 2 – Mark II Armor Unleashed Ver. Review | MMS150 Unboxing”
Do u display all ur figurines in glass casing?
Do u mindshow me how u display ur iron man?
Thank u so much