Finally decided to open one of our Hot Toys figure namely the Iron Man 2 Suit-Up Gantry with Mark IV so we could do a quick review. Well, it was not actually quick because it took me 3 days to finish the photo-set because I keep on messing up the camera settings. Anyway, all I could say is that we really really love this figure! I feel guilty keeping him inside the box because something like this deserves to be displayed. The details of the armor and likeness of the head sculpt to actor Robert Downy Jr. is just amazing! Bang for buck wise, this is a sure winner! A must have for any Hot Toys collector. A very nice subject for photography as well!
*** BOX / PACKAGING ***
This is a very big box we are talking about.
Dimension is 21 x 17 x 9.75 inches
as compared with an HG 1/144 Gundam kit box
HG box is 12 x 7.5 x 3 inches
back of box and a close up look at the description
One contains the SUIT UP GANTRY while the other contains the MARK IV
Mark IV box
Suit Up Gantry box
**** MARK IV ****
The box holding the Mark IV consists of 2 parts
1. the box for the figure
2. the background with a picture of the expo stage
When opened up, this is how the background looks like
The back of the Mark IV box contains information regarding the production crew
The first thing you will see upon opening of the box – A Mark IV inset.
The contents of the first box ^_^
the manual and a prying tool is included in the pack
Iron Man figure, RDJ head sculpt and the rest of the interchangeable armors and extra hands
The extra armor contains details with regards to the weaponry of iron man
3 sets of hands are:
- closed (fixed)
- palm open (fixed)
- moveable fingers
ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
Closer look at the Robert Downey Jr. headsculpt. I dunno about you, but that looks like him to me!
- The stand is something I got disappointed at.
- The printed title of Iron Man 2 looks cheap and of low quality
BONUS ROBOTIC ARM – usually referred to as “JARVIS”
- this robotic arm is holding a fire extinguisher nozzle at the end as depicted in the “Prototype Test Attempt” scene in the movie.
- you can only get this particular unit as part of the Suit Up Gantry plus Mark IV bundle.
- there came out a Gantry only product, but it does not have this bonus robot arm.
IRON MAN MARK IV
LED LIGHT UP GIMMICK
- chest on arc reactor
- palms / repulsors – can be seen only by using the open palm hands
BATTERY REMOVAL LOCATIONS
batteries should be taken out to avoid leakage problems that might damage your figures
4 locations are:
- neck or nape area of armored head
- back of torso
- under both arms
It was kind of scary moving the limbs for the first time. Worried about breaking some stuff. Luckily I was able to capture some of the articulation possibilities
taken during the calibration of light and camera settings
**** SUIT-UP GANTRY ****
the second box is dedicated to the suit-up gantry.
if my guess is correct, the box size and contents are the same with the gantry only set
the contents are divided into 3 key positions as shown below
BASE PLATE of GANTRY
- the base plate holds all the pieces of the Suit Up Gantry together
- it expands to form the unique segmented platform look that we all love about the gantry
it has LED lights (warm color)
the smallest arms are positioned near the legs
MEDIUM SIZE ARMS
these two arms are placed at the rear and front of the gantry
BIG SIZE ARMS
- the biggest set of robotic arms
- two are position to hold the arms of the figure
- the last one is behind the figure to hold the helmet
REVERSIBLE MAGNETIC STRIPS
have 2 sides to choose from
- first is the white print with small grey details
- black print with a grid like pattern
**** SUIT-UP GANTRY with IRON MAN Mark IV *****
against SD and 1/144 scale Gundams
againsts talking minion dave and 1/100 scale gundam
against Big Scale DANBOARD